Seafood paella...another amazing healthy recipes to try !
- 12 mussels
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 300 g green prawns
- 200 g scallops, rinsed and if large cut in half
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 X 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Seafood paella
1. Scrub the mussel shells and remove the beards. Place into a large pan with ½ cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Discard any
mussels which do not open in this time. Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
2. Spray a large nonstick frying pan with oil and heat. Add the prawns and scallops and cook over high heat for about 2 minutes or until the flesh turns white. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic and cayenne, then the capsicum and rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, stock and peas and stir through. Bring paella to the boil then reduce the heat to very low and cover tightly. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice is just tender and the stock is almost all absorbed.
5. Add the prawns, scallops and mussels to the rice, and very gently stir through. Cover and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the seafood is heated through. Serve immediately. Hmmm...nice taste ! Enjoy this healthy recipe !