What you need to make Sarah's Lovely Thai Green Curry
1tbsp vegetable oil
2tbsp green curry paste
1tbsp soft dark brown sugar
2 stalks of lemongrass
4 lovely chicken breasts
6 kaffir lime leaves/or lime zest
400ml coconut milk
thai fish sauce/or light soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
handful green beans
How to make Sarah's Lovely Thai Green Curry!
1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add curry paste.
2. Add brown sugar and lemongrass and reduce heat.
3. Add lovely chicken and lime leaves and stir until chicken is coated.
4. Add coconut milk and a good shaking of fish sauce, add green beans and simmer for 25 minutes until thick.
5. Stir in coriander and lime juice. Stir for 5 minutes and serve with fragrant rice.
What you need to make Sarah's Lovely Broccoli Soup
350g/12oz lovely broccoli
1 lovely leek, sliced
1 celery stick, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
350g/12oz lovely potatoes, peeled and diced
1 litre/1 3/4 pints vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1tbsp freshly ground black pepper
crusty bread and croutons, to serve
How to make Sarah's Lovely Broccoli Soup!
1. Cut lovely broccoli into florets and put to one side. Cut the thicker lovely broccoli stalks into half inch dice and throw into large saucepan with the lovely leek, celery, garlic, lovely potatoe, stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Throw in lovely broccoli florets and simmer for further 5 minutes.
3. Leave soup to cool slightly and remove and discard bay leaf.
4. Pour soup into a blender and whizz until smooth.
5. Return soup to saucepan and heat through, season to taste with pepper.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with bread and croutons.