- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons juniper berries, crushed
- 2 4-ounce beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1. Combine broth, gin, vinegar and juniper berries in a measuring cup. Set aside.
2. Brush or rub steaks with oil. Press pepper onto the steaks and season with salt. Heat a medium cast-iron or heavy skillet over high heat until nearly smoking. Place steaks in the
heated pan and cook until browned on the outside but still pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add the reserved broth mixture to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan, until reduced slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Place the steaks on individual plates and spoon the sauce over. The healthy recipe of Beef Tournedos with Gin & Juniper Sauce is ready to serve. Great taste ! Enjoy it with friends !