Sarah's Lovely Broccoli Soup
What you need to make Sarah's Lovely Broccoli Soup
350g/12oz lovely broccoli
1 lovely leek, sliced
1 celery stick, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
350g/12oz lovely potatoes, peeled and diced
1 litre/1 3/4 pints vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1tbsp freshly ground black pepper
crusty bread and croutons, to serve
How to make Sarah's Lovely Broccoli Soup!
1. Cut lovely broccoli into florets and put to one side. Cut the thicker lovely broccoli stalks into half inch dice and throw into large saucepan with the lovely leek, celery, garlic, lovely potatoe, stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Throw in lovely broccoli florets and simmer for further 5 minutes.
3. Leave soup to cool slightly and remove and discard bay leaf.
4. Pour soup into a blender and whizz until smooth.
5. Return soup to saucepan and heat through, season to taste with pepper.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with bread and croutons.