Sarah's Lovely Fishcakes!
What you need to make Sarah's Lovely Fishcakes!
1lb of lovely potatos
1lb of lovely cod fillets
2tbsp of lovely chopped fresh parsley
grated zest of 1 lovely lemon
1tbsp of plain flour
1 lovely egg | beaten
4oz of lovely breadcrumbs | made from 1 day old bread
4tbsp of vegetable oil
How to make Sarah's Lovely Fishcakes!
1. Peel, boil and mash potatos until lovely and smooth
2. Steam lovely cod until just cooked | I find microwaving easiest. Drain the lovely cod and when cool enough flake with fingers.
3. Mix lovely potatos with the fish, parsley and lovely lemon zest and season well. Then shape into lovely flat round cakes.
4. Dust the lovely cakes with flour, dip them into the lovely beaten egg then coat thoroughly in the bread crumbs. Allow to cool for at least half an hour.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry lovely cakes over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Be careful when turning.
6. Serve with salad and enjoy Sarah's Lovely Fishcakes!